Friday, April 22, 2011

Water Maniac

I just found out that my son is a water maniac.

Every bath time is simple: He's lying down in his tub and playing while I bathe him. This time, since it was hot and we weren't going anywhere anyway, I thought of letting him play in the water. So after giving him a bath, I closed his tub's drain, let him sit up and filled it with a few of inches of water.

Then came his eureka moment.

Realizing that he's surrounded by that thing that he's been trying to catch but couldn't, he starts slapping the water furiously, with one and then two hands, ignoring his poor drowning rubber duckie, splashing water all over....me. Lucky for me I only filled the tub a few inches of water. If I filled it to the brim? The word tsunami comes to mind.

I had to think of a clever way to pry him out of the tub. If not, he would have held onto the tub for dear life as I lift him, thereby spilling the water everywhere (the word tsunami again comes to mind) and carrying the tub WITH us to the room. Ah, yes, he has almost done that. A couple of times. So I had to think of a strategy this time.

Well I, uh, I kinda forgot the actual strategy >_< but the important thing is that I was able to carry him to the room, tub-less thank goodness, and dry him out. He was annoyed for being tricked so I'm not sure if it'll work again next time.

Whew. I cannot imagine how he'll react once he sees a swimming pool................

No comments:

Post a Comment