Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yah, yah…

Yah, yah, it's good to have a yaya. Or at least someone whose sole purpose is to take care of either the house or the baby.
 
Last night, my son started napping at 830pm. Not good, because it had all the beginnings of an all-nighter. I wanted to at least wAke him up after half an hour. But I couldn't, because no one would watch over him as I was washing a kitchenfull of plates and plasticware. Plus i had to wash all his bottles. Plus other chores. Both his wowo and wowa are busy with things to do of their own. EJ eventually woke up even before I could finish sterilizing his bottles -- at around 1030pm. I finished at around 11pm with wowo pausing his tasks to watch over him. 

My interim solution was to ask mom to watch over him for a couple of hours so I could sleep. I slept at around 1130pm an woke up 01:30am to start my "shift".
EJ eventually slept around 4am. 

The thing is, I know I have to wake him up and not let him take a nap so late. But I didn't really have any choice. No one would look after him if he was awake.
Why not hire a yaya? 1.)Can't afford a yaya 2.)Dunno who to trust. 

For those asking why we don't have a yaya, it's because my nephew was kidnapped after his lola (my cuzin's mother-in-law) was stabbed to death by their yaya. I'm not saying all yayas are like this, of course not. I envy families who have long-term yayas whom they consider a part of their family. It's just unfortunate we do not have a family yaya. So it's really difficult to tell whom to trust. I just hope someday, when we can afford it, we'll have someone trustworthy to help us out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment