Monday, June 20, 2011

The Face That Launched A Thousand.....Fans?



The second I saw this face up-close, I grabbed my phone, switched the camera on (thank goodness it didn't lag this time) and clicked. I knew I captured a priceless moment. My baby was having one of his usual tantrums that involved "nothing and everything". Nothing was taken away from him but he wants everything he points to in return. Or something to that effect. He usually cries if I pull him away from his center of attention (e.g. live outlet/plug, so can you blame me?) and pouts and cries. Then give him something he likes and the pout instantly turns into a grin despite tears in his eyes. Tsktsk. A certified Drama King. I can't help but shake my head in amusement.

I often wonder, why and how does he do that? He makes this "gimme-what-I-want" look (see picture above) and when you give in and hand the world over to him it turns into a smug smile in an instant. Where did he learn that? *amused* Seriously, I never taught him that. And I don't throw tantrums at home for me to conclude that he saw me do it. Is it in the genes? Is it inborn? Is it a default setting? Isn't there any way to run Setup and alter the default settings before he boots up?

I know, I know, it's cute. It really is. However, I know there will come a point in time when I have to correct that notion that he can get what he wants with a certain look. It doesn't and shouldn't work that way. I only hope I don't teach him too early (like do I teach him now?) or too late (that he stubbornly refuses to stop doing it). Oh well, that's first-time mommyhood for ya. Always a trial and error. And since hubby is abroad, I have to stand in as Mommy and Papa. So, do I become the good cop or that bad cop? Martial Law or not?

I hope I don't end up with multiple personalities coz of this. LOL.


(oh, and thank you so much to all who appreciated, liked, replied, reposted this picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment