Monday, June 13, 2011

Where are you Scottie? Beam me up, darnit!

I was awakened by an early (okay, by early I mean, uh, seven-thirty-ish) morning phone call from my mom saying that EJ has been sick all night with fever. I was staying in Makati for the weekend and although I was aware he had fever the previous evening, I was hoping his paracetamol would kick in by the time he sleeps. Turns out, his fever went back up every after a couple of hours or so. Mom told me to come home earlier than my planned time.

She was calm though concerned.
I was spaced out in a deer-in-headlights moment once again.

My cousin and forever roomie Nikka witnessed the succeeding spaced-out-buzzing-like-a-bee-dunno-what-to-do-first moments I went through. I was debating with myself whether to rush EJ to the ER or not. I made frantic text messages. I fixed my stuff, prepared breakfast, fixed my stuff, ate breakfast, called my mom, took a shower, fixed my stuff (yeah I never seem to finish any of those fixings) and was finally fairly sure I packed everything before leaving for home. And in between those moments, I was wishing I could teleport right home and see how EJ's doing. That or scream for Scottie to effin' BEAM ME UP, pronto!!! 


When I got home, my heart bled when I saw my baby sleeping, wrapped in a blankie...

:'( I felt like crying. He's not usually this wrapped in a blankie because he sweats a lot even in an airconditioned room. So for me to see him like this -- it hit me that he's really sick. He's really not well. He woke up a little because we had to give him meds against his will -- and I couldn't bear to see him cry. Sheesh. What a puddle of jell-o am I as a mom. Sigh.

Thank goodness his fever didn't return by afternoon. He still has low-grade fever, though, and still eats and drinks irregularly. The upside to this is that he's the type of baby who, after feeling a bit better coz of the meds, starts walking and playing again. He's not the type to just mope around the bed even if his fever has gone down. In fact, it's 1:08am now and he's still walking around the room, playing and kicking his toys. I'm torn between feeling glad because he can still act normal (although more subdued) or feel bad because this smells like an all-nighter and we have to get up early tomorrow for his pedia visit.

Either way, I fervently pray that he'd be okay, that his high fever wouldn't come back.
And I would like to thank wowo and wowa for taking care of him to the highest level.

Get well soon, baby. Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment