Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bust It Baby...

Nope this ain't the song by Plies (altho I love that song, the Pt. 2). This is about my baby, EJ, busting his lip tonight. Sigh.

He was in the middle of his usual mini-tantrum when he accidentally hit his lower lip on the (wooden) edge of the bed. Then he shrieked and cried and threw up (triggered by his banshee-cries) and there was blood oozing from the left part of his lower lip. I was in a deer-in-headlights moment again. My mind went momentarily blank and all I could do was stare at my baby and his bloody lip. Then my senses kicked in and I knew I had to get his washcloth and wipe him up (wowo was holding him anyway) and the works. Well, good thing that by the time I finished heating water and preparing his change of clothes, he stopped crying and was already reading a book. Whew.

I know this is part of the toddler years. But unlike the song, I'm not looking forward to the Pt. 2 of this. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment